- The slides immediately below show the development of their coding learning and how the teachers introduced the blue-bots and coding concepts.
- Further on you can see the culmination of the children's learning in a narrative they developed and filmed integrating the coding concepts. ' The Blue-Bot adventure story'
The Blue-Bot adventure story
As a culminating piece of work Year 1 students created a collaborative Blue-Bot adventure story integrating their coding knowledge. The process involved:
- Students wrote the story collaboratively (1 class wrote the beginning, another the middle and the other class wrote the end).
- Students then painted the 4 settings in the story.
- Students created the model for the story (using unifix cubes, tissue paper, paddlepop sticks etc.)
- Next photos were taken of the 4 settings on the blue-bot app and the student's problem solved to create a creative set of codes for blue-bot to travel across the story. The students had to use the story as a guideline for their commands.
- Lastly the story was filmed.
The narrative adjacent is read along with the video below.Click the text image to download the full narrative.