If you have already been using Bee-Bots you would know of their use in learning for teaching sequencing, directions, computational thinking, coding, planning and problem solving and many other general capabilities across a range of curriculums
Blue-bots have all the same features as the Bee-Bot but have these other great features
- Programmable wirelessly (via bluetooth) from an iPad App which allows the students to make connections about how programming works without having to actually physically interact with a robot/control technology.
- The App has guided options providing a scaffolded introduction to coding as well as more open ended programming options to deepen learning.
- Student can then utilise other Apps like Explain Everything to record/ capture images from the Blue-bot Apps to extend their thinking on their coding
- Students can easily display their coding and share it with the class via Apple TV.
- Students can create and upload their own maps to the App to use with the blue-bot which means they can create their own narrative agains which they problem solve.
- Students can save a limited set of their programs which provides them with a way to reflect and debug their program
- Ability to add voice commands to help students reinforce connection with language.
- 45 degree turns in addition to 90 degree turns.
- A clear shell allowing students to see the workings of the robot.